Applications are invited from qualified candidates to pursue a 2 year Masters training in any of the following programs offered in the Department of Public Health, Pharmacology & Toxicology in the academic year 2012/2013 beginning October, 2012. The programs are offered on a full time basis.
MASTER OF VETERINARY PUBLIC HEALTH (MVPH)
Holders of the degree of Bachelor of Veterinary Medicine, or Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery from the University of Nairobi.
Holders of Bachelor of Biomedical Technology, Bachelor of Science in Wildlife Management, Bachelor of Science in Microbiology and Biotechnology, or Bachelor of Science in Zoology from the University of Nairobi
Holders of equivalent degrees from other universities recognized by Senate
MASTER OF SCIENCE IN VETERINARY EPIDEMIOLOGY AND ECONOMICS
- Holders of the degree of Bachelor of Veterinary Medicine from the University of Nairobi.
- Other candidates who have obtained degrees from other universities approved by Senate as being equivalent to Bachelor of Veterinary Medicine of the University of Nairobi.
MASTER OF SCIENCE IN PHARMACOLOGY AND TOXICOLOGY
Holders of the following degrees of University of Nairobi or any other university recognized by University of Nairobi Senate
a) Bachelor of Veterinary Medicine.
b) Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery
c) Bachelor of Pharmacy
d) Bachelor of Dental Surgery
e) Bachelor of Nursing
2. Holders of the following degrees of at least second class honours of the University of Nairobi or equivalent
qualifications from a University recognized by the University of Nairobi Senate.
a) Bsc in Biomedical Technology
b) BSc in Biochemistry
The applicants should have taken Pharmacology and Toxicology course at undergraduate level.
3. Holders of lower second class honours degree in areas specified above in 2 (a) and (b) with at least 2 years
4. Holders of equivalent Bachelor’s degrees from other Universities recognized by University of Nairobi Senate.
MASTER OF SCIENCE IN NATURAL PRODUCTS AND BIOPROSPECTING
1. Holders of the following degrees of the University of Nairobi or other university recognized by University of
a. Bachelor of Veterinary Medicine
b. Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery
c. Bachelor of Pharmacy
d. Bachelor of Science in Nursing
e. Bachelor of Dental Surgery
2. Holders of Bachelor of Science (Biomedical Technology, Zoology, Biology, Biochemistry, Chemistry, Animal
Science and Agriculture) of the University of Nairobi or other university recognized by University of Nairobi
Senate with at least upper second-class honours or lower second class honours with a minimum of two (2)
years work experience in a relevant field.
3. Holders of Master of Science degree in related disciplines.
4. Holders of a Bachelor's degree or an equivalent qualification in a relevant discipline from other institutions
recognized by the Senate of the University of Nairobi.
5. Holders of a pass degree or equivalent qualifications as listed above with either a relevant post-graduate
diploma or five years work experience.
Mode of Application
1. Application forms can be obtained from University of Nairobi, Board of Postgraduate Studies, Main Campus Gandi Wing Room No. G3 on payment of a non-refundable fee of Kshs 3000.00 before 30th April 2012 or Kshs 4000.00 thereafter. Forms can also be downloaded from the university website and fee paid on submission (www.uonbi.ac.ke) under admissions.
2. Applicants who are not in Nairobi may have the application forms sent to them upon receipt of a banker’s/cashiers’ cheque (payable to the University of Nairobi) of the above amount and 20% handling charges. Cheques should be registered and sent by mail.
3. Duly completed forms should be returned to the Board of Postgraduate Studies BPS on or before 15th August 2012. Copies of relevant certificates, academic transcripts and a copy of application receipt must be attached to the application form.
B. COMPOSITE FEES
Tuition Fees: Year 1
C. OTHER CHARGES
1. Late Application fee
2. Extended Registration fee
3. Extended Correction period
4. Extended Revision period
5. Extended Supervision
6. Exams for Revised thesis/Project Report
1,000/= per three months
D* These are minimum recommended research funds
E* Non-Kenyan students within the East African Community are charged 20% more on the tuition fees while those out are charged 25% more on the tuition fees
The above fee does not include accommodation, personal maintenance costs, books and stationery, neither does the University guarantee provision of accommodation. Those from outside Kenya will require an additional US$ 3,000.00 per year for their maintenance and up keep in Nairobi.
For further information, please contact: Chairman, Department of Public Health, Pharmacology & Toxicology,
P.O. Box 29053, 00625, Nairobi.
Tel:+254-2-2453621; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Applications are invited from qualified candidates to pursue a 2 year Masters training in any of the following programs offered in the Department of Public Healt1.docx||16.6 KB|