To pursue and maintain a world-class leadership role in the quest for knowledge by way of quality training, research, capacity building, consultancy and innovative outreach in order to contribute to socio economic development, poverty reduction and secure livelihoods through sustainable natural resource management.
To be a universal centre of excellence in training, research, outreach and consultancy services in Veterinary Public Health, Veterinary Epidemiology, Livestock economics, Natural Products Research, Pharmacology and Toxicology for sustainable and secure livelihoods.
Staff at the Department of Public Health, Pharmacology and Toxicology shall embrace the following core values as the cornerstone for quality service delivery.
- Uphold professionalism and ethics in all its dealings with its stakeholders.
- Be accountable and transparent in all its operations.
- Uphold integrity, honesty and quality in training and all other activities.
- Promote participatory management and effective teamwork in all its activities and operations.
- Promote and maintain linkages with industry, other institutions and alumni
- Uphold dignity of all members of staff and students.
- Provide quality and relevant education at all times
- Recognize and esteem ideas and innovations.
- Commitment to sustainable management of natural resources
- Promotion of biodiversity and peaceful co-existence