To be a universal centre of excellence in training, research, outreach and consultancy services in Veterinary Public Health, Veterinary Epidemiology, Livestock economics, Natural Products Research, Pharmacology and Toxicology for sustainable and secure livelihoods.
To pursue and maintain a world-class leadership role in the quest for knowledge by way of quality training, research, capacity building, consultancy and innovative outreach in order to contribute to socio economic development, poverty reduction and secure livelihoods through sustainable natural resource management.
Staff at the Department of Public Health, Pharmacology and Toxicology shall embrace the following core values as the cornerstone for quality service delivery.
- Uphold professionalism and ethics in all its dealings with its stakeholders.
- Be accountable and transparent in all its operations.
- Uphold integrity, honesty and quality in training and all other activities.
- Promote participatory management and effective teamwork in all its activities and operations.
- Promote and maintain linkages with industry, other institutions and alumni
- Uphold dignity of all members of staff and students.
- Provide quality and relevant education at all times
- Recognize and esteem ideas and innovations.
- Commitment to sustainable management of natural resources
- Promotion of biodiversity and peaceful co-existence
The Department of PHPT is guided by the following principals in order to achieve its vision;
- To manage the Department efficiently
- To produce quality and holistic graduates in agricultural, veterinary and environmental sciences
- Advance and consolidate scientific and technological innovations in agriculture, veterinary and environmental sciences
- To enhance the competitiveness of PHPT Department as a centre of excellence in agricultural, veterinary and environmental sciences
All students and staff in the department will embrace these values which will remain the cornerstone in service delivery.